Sunday, June 15, 2008

I usually call him "D" or "Sir." But today, I would like to honor and respect him a little bit more. On this Father's Day, I've decided to reflect on the things that make my dad such a great dad. All the things that I am, I am because I emulated traits in him.

My dad is always kind, and very patient. He's charismatic, and everyone likes him. He's a great mediator, and he's always able to see the story from both sides.

He's smart, and has his PhD. I hope to someday be as intelligent, and have as good of an ability to make thoughtful faces as my dad.

My dad sticks up for the things he believes in. He's a Democrat, a rarity in Utah, and he sticks up for it. He gets in trouble with his superiors for his beliefs, but continues stand true to his morals.

My dad is hilarious. He has a random sense of humor that I truly connect with. He's never afraid to do silly things the rest of us are afraid to do to make someone laugh.

My dad is a provider. This is a picture of him in his samurai getup before he goes to hunt wild beasts in the morning.

My dad is always willing to help us out. Even when the job is as unpleasant as Calculus homework, or carrying Julia.

My dad always spends time with us and gets into the things we like to do. He actually knew all 150 Pokemon, and had defeated the Elite Four. He got all 120 Stars in Super Mario 64, and got every jiggy in Banjo Kazooie. He even learned to text! I love to spend time with my dad. He makes most anything fun.

My dad always treats my mom with love. He's an excellent example of what a husband should be. I hope I can be like him (that is, if I ever get married). He's a great example for me at all times, and I love my dad. Happy Father's Day, Sir.

PS: Sometimes he breaths fire, so don't get on his bad side.

2 comments:

  1. Which one of your dad’s superiors gets mad at him for being a democrat? Is it me or a certain heavenly being? Or possibly both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your dad sounds so cool. I'm not surprised at all that he's a democrat.

    ReplyDelete