Monday, April 28, 2008

Poll Results

The results are in. The poll has closed. And clearly, "Something Free" has won the vote with a stunning 72%. Either that or Costco has won it all, which is entirely possible. I will now interpret the results using my vast knowledge of statistics.

First, the results may be incorrect. I personally have seen votes change all the time. At one point, some economically minded person had voted for "Robbing A Bank." The vote disappeared when they were apprehended by authorities. At another time, there was a vote for "Hanging Out," but it was so lame that both the person and the vote died. And so, after much strife, we come to our present poll scores. 

Secondly, we much check for either "normality" or a large sample size. It wasn't a large sample, and the sample was probably not normal. Maybe it was normal in the statistical sense, but you people are definitely a "nonnormal population." And so, I should probably not being doing statistical analysis on this poll. 

Instead, I will interpret the broader meaning of this poll. First, because "Something Free" won, I must conclude that there are some girls out there that I should obviously go out with. Never pass up a date with a "financially savvy young lady." I must also conclude that it is socially acceptable to go to Costco for samples.

Unfortunately, capturing an alarming 28% of the vote were the "Boring Romantic People." These people simply disgust me. They probably think it's fun to kiss. Or hold hands, or some other unacceptable form of physical contact. Frankly, I'm sorry to see that our country has stooped so low, that our lives are becoming more like chick flicks than war movies. I think we should move towards kung-fu movies, because the women can always karate chop heads off in those movies. 

And that's the option I forgot for the poll! "Karate Chopping Random People!" What a great date! 

Thanks for answering the poll! Please give me ideas for the next poll, or just call me mean names for this one!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I screwed up the spelling on my first comment, so here goes again.

    I think that if you had made "visiting a rabbi to discuss the physical, social, and spiritual ramifications of circumcision" a choice, it would have won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear :) hahahahahahahahaha

    Guess what, my prom date is on crutches and can't walk cuz he ruined his hip...THAT'S gonna make things interesting/fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, it is fun to kiss and hold hands! (plus, it's free of charge! well...generally)

    No, but really, it's fun going on cheap (or free) dates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe Natalie I am so glad YOU said that and not me :) Because it's so true. Cheap and free is the best. You don't need money to get to know a person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, anytime Brittany :) I can say the awkward things because I'm used to being awkward ;)

    How was prom for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great for me :) Everything was perfect until the end of the dance, where I'm pretty sure my date should've been on a date with another girl, NOT me. *sigh* boys are so easily distracted! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blog is not a place for sad stories about dates. It is about mocking the world. Please keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark you can mock me whenever you wish!! Especially since it turned out I was totally overreacting and read waaaaay too much into the situation. So mock me please!! You should write a post mocking girls like me. ;) I think it would be good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete