Thursday, October 09, 2008

Physics

I hate my physics class. I hate it more than I hate anything else in the world, except quite possibly my physics teacher. He's a terrible teacher. He's this old guy who uses the word "why" like a Dr. Seuss character. For example, he might say, "With this acceleration, why, think of all the places you'll go!" Except when he says it, he doesn't pause long enough after the "why" and it just sounds like a jumbled, incomprehensible question asked in monotone.

Pretty much everything else he says is incomprehensible too. He has this incredible ability to turn any simple concept into something impossible to understand. And when you can understand it, he goes into "Over Kill Mode" and repeats it a million times. For example, to show that a table can exert normal force against any object he, placed at least 5 objects on the table, and acted like it was a huge magic trick that they didn't fall through the table. Only the physics majors in the front row were laughing by the second go around. By the way, the picture is of him showing us that the table would even exert normal force against his "corpulent body," as he is so fond of saying. 
Essentially, everyone just sleeps through the class, and good thing too, I feel like I need a nap.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this post is the fact that you took a picture of your professor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess what, there are two classes I sleep through on a regular basis :) it's all good. that's funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't take a picture of him. I sit in the back, where I'm much too far away to get that kind of resolution. This picture is his profile picture from Rate My Professors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prove it. I want a video tape of the class.

    ReplyDelete