Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shattered

Nation, I'm a broken man. To be honest, I don't even feel like a broken man, I feel more like a broken nothing. I used to believe in love, but now, I see that, like Santa Claus, it was nothing more than a way to sell Coca-Cola. 

Someone very dear to me stomped on my heart. Or rather, she chomped on it.

Yesterday, I decided to make peace, and I decided to make a token of our friendship and my forgiveness for her putting up those terrible posters. I spent days agonizing over the perfect symbol. It had to be something amazing, and yet be meaningful. Finally, I hit upon the perfect idea, something that would endure the test of time:
I thought that finally, things would be alright between us.

Sadly, today when I opened the door, I found the shatter remnants of my gift:
Nation, I'm crushed. Nothing can console me but a half gallon of vanilla ice cream. I now know it's too much to ask to be understood and accepted. My tears run into my ice cream and make it taste terrible, a bitter reminder of my pain. But I eat on, sadly devouring the ice cream like she devoured my love for her. I hope it tasted as bad as my ice cream does.

3 comments:

  1. It had tasted bad because it was vanilla, maybe you should try chocolate next time....oh wait jellyfish don't eat ice cream.
    And did you say you loved me?
    I'm not even 16 yet sick-o.

    From the jellyfish eater next door. aka Rissa Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really exagerate what the gift was.....It wasn't a cyrstal lazered thingy, it was a hard boiled egg for heavens sake!
    A really good looking hard boiled egg!
    oh...this is Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. His love for you was like the love a cool, dashingly handsome brother might have for his retarded, physically disfigured little sister. You've broken the heart of a saint, you monster!

    ReplyDelete