Sunday, February 18, 2007

So Analytical It's Not Funny

People think I'm funny. I'm not trying to brag. I'm just stating a rule of nature, like the law of nature that Donald Trump's hair has got to be the ugliest thing alive (yes, alive). Some people probably thought that was funny. But just think. If President Bush had said that, no one would laugh. Well, maybe they would, but just because of his accent. I'll say things that aren't really all that funny, but people still think it's funny. It's the same way for my good friend the President. It generally goes something like this.

Me: My dog died.

Them: HAHA!!!

Me: No, really.

It gets kind of tedious sometimes. Ok. So I'll stop trying to pretend like I don't enjoy the attention. People like me like attention like Micheal Jackson likes plastic surgery... Bad comparison, but still! Why do people think that stuff that I say is funny? Well, it's really all about where the "funny" is coming from. For example, I can say something absurd, and people will laugh. President Ludwig (Vote Ludwig 2028 "Tippecanoe and Kyler too!") can say something even more bizarre, and he'll get laughs that I wouldn't have. That's the reason. That's my analysis. Now that I've got those three sentences out, I can slide back into absurdity. I'll keep going. Alright. I'm done being absurd and trying to convince people that this blog is going to continue. Back to reality. A reality where I'm not so desperate for a subject that I'll try to be funny about why I'm funny. A reality without "analysis."

5 comments:

  1. You are right that was not funny at all, yet still remained somewhat analytical.
    P.S. Death is humorous. Like Kira Shelton always says, “Tragedy plus time equals comedy.” Some things just take a little more time. It took almost 60 years for the Nazis to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I thought it was funny. I usually do. Especially the comment regarding Donald Trump's hair. I think what I love about your sense of humor is that the main message of what you're saying (Trump's hair being alive, for instance) is something I've thought and totally agree with; but you say it in either a cynical, absurd, exaggerated way such that it surprises me and makes me laugh. Anyway, thanks for being funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry--in my comment, there's supposed to be an "or" in between "absurd" and "exaggerated." Just an editorial note.

    ReplyDelete